Tel: (852) 2528 9298

2nd Floor, Jonsim Place, 228 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong

Google Map

Tel: (852) 2528 9298

2nd Floor, Jonsim Place, 228 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong

Google Map

General Information


Hong Kong is a British colony for over 150 years until 1 July 1997, Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China established. However, the political, social, commercial and legal system we had before remain unchanged.


Company Name


We have available "off-the-shelf" companies for your selection. These shelf companies can be transferred to you within 48 hours. You may change the shelf company name to a name of your choice as long as it does not conflict with an existing names in the Company Registry.




Corporate profits derived from Hong Kong are taxed at 16.50%. Capital gains and dividends are not taxed.  Offshore income earned outside of Hong Kong is not subject to Hong Kong profits tax.


Filing Requirement


An Annual Return must be filed at the Companies Registry within 42 days of the Anniversary Date (for Private Companies) or Annual General Meeting (for Public Companies). A tax return together with a signed accounts must be filed annually to the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department.




Details of directors and shareholders are disclosed in the Annual Return lodged at the Companies Registry.

However, nominee directors and shareholders can be used. These can be individuals or corporate entities.




A Hong Kong Company must have at least one shareholder and one director (at least one individual director). Each of whom can be individuals or corporate entities and they do not have to be Hong Kong residents nor Hong Kong companies.

A reserve director must be appointed if there is only one director. A reserve director must be a natural person of 18 years or more. He / she will only act in place of the sole director in the even of his / her death.

There is no requirement as to the minimum amount of issued share capital which can be as low as HK$1.


Registered Office


A Hong Kong company must have a Registered Address in Hong Kong . We provide such a Registered Office facility.





Comparison of HK vs offshore co Checklist